Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Monday, February 4, 2008

Review: Music of the Night

Music of the Night
by Nancy Herkness

Legend has it that Beethoven wrote a tenth symphony..and made it music to die for. When world-famous conductor Nicholas Vranos finds his best friend murdered backstage at Carnegie Hall, he's plunged into a maelstrom of intrigue swirling around the mythical masterpiece.

Although Vranos is her main suspect, New York City police detective Anna Salazar finds herself turning to the dark charismatic maestro for help as she navigates the Byzantine world of classical music. Yet, she must fight the powerful seduction of the musician and his "Music of the Night".

Nancy Herkness has taken a mystery surrounding the possible appearance of Beethoven’s legendary Tenth Symphony and woven it into a tale of betrayal, redemption, and passion that had this reader eagerly reading to discover “what’s next.”

The main character, Anna Salazar, detective with the NYPD, discovers herself drawn every deeper into a situation she can’t seem to control. One of the main suspects in the case of a murdered musician is also a man who captures her in a web of seduction. Although she prides herself on her toughness, she can’t withstand the passion he brings to her life.

From the moment the two meet, sparks fly and Anna loses the control she is so proud of. Between the passion of the music and the passion in Nicholas Vranos’ eyes and hands, she is drawn into a spiral. Whether this spiral leads up or down is something the reader must discover for herself.

The romance and passion, as well as the mystery underlying it, are all superbly drawn. The reader will be drawn into the danger surrounding the characters and will be enthralled as the passion and romance between the main characters.

It would be interesting to see more of Detective Anna Salazar.



Reviewed by Rose

ENTER TO WIN A COPY OF THIS BOOK -- JUST LEAVE A COMMENT ON THIS POST BETWEEN 2/4/08 - 2/8/08-- DRAWING TO BE HELD ON 2/9/08. GOOD LUCK!

NOTE: If you have a private Blogger profile or a profile with no email address available, you must include an email in your entry -- this is how we inform the winner. If we are unable to locate an email for you, you're ineligible to win this prize. Thanks!

20 comments:

Pam P said...

This sounds good, and I like how she incorporate the mythical symphony into the story. I liked her previous books, so this is on my wishlist.

BethRe said...

Wow great premise of a book

tetewa said...

This one sounds different,so count me in! tWarner419@aol.com

Meljprincess said...

SHOWER OF STARS was excellent! I'm willing to bet Nancy's book, MUSIC OF THE NIGHT, is also fantastic. Please enter me in the contest for this book. Thanks.

Melissa Keith
Meljprincess @ aol dot com

windycindy said...

This suspense mystery sounds very like excellent reading material!
Thanks,Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Joan said...

Would love to win one of your books. Haven't read your books yet.

Estella said...

I have read Nancy before and this one sounds great!

kissinoak at verizon.net

Reeva said...

GREAT giveaway. I love suspense novels and I'd love to read this. I hope I'm the lucky winner! :)

Ann M. said...

This sounds like a wonderful book. Going to add it to my wishlist.

kate5405 said...

I'm not familiar with Nancy Herkness' books. It sounds good and I would like to win it. Thanks.

catslady said...

She's a new-to-me author but the book sounds like a very exciting read.

catslady5@aol.com

Eva S said...

Beethoven is one of my favorite composers and I'd love to read a book where he is involved...

Karen H in NC said...

Never read this author. Please count me in!

V. said...

This sounds like my kind of book...gritty mystery and romance always combine to make for great reading. I would enjoy this book! Thanks for the review. :o)

BethRe said...

This book sounds like a great read

Judy Pennell said...

Am I the only one who thought of the mysterious, masked Phantom? This book sounds like a great read and I always appreciate authors who share their books in these contests! How cool! And---thanks!

Amy said...

Judy, I also thought of the Phantom. Looks like a good book!
Enter me please!

Dena said...

This book sounds really good,I love a good mystery and throw in a romance and I gotta read it!

Theresa N. said...

Thiis sounds like a wonderful book, I'd love to read it. A mystery set in NYC with lots of intrigue.

Deb said...

Song titles as book titles, YES! Love the premise and it sounds right up my alley.

kinthu@aol.com