Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Review: Forbidden Territory (book 1)

Forbidden Territory
by Paula Graves

Walking away wasn’t an option...

“Help me!”

For Lily Browning, there was no escaping the visions that had haunted her all her life. And now a little girl’s desperate cry for help had brought enigmatic, disturbingly masculine Lieutenant McBride to her door…

McBride didn’t have time for psychics. He had a kidnapper to catch. But the woman with the golden eyes seemed to see things no one else could—including his own tragic secret. With a child’s life at stake, he had to trust Lily…even as each step plunged them deeper into danger and into the uncharted territory of irresistible desire….

Forbidden Territory was the first category romance I’d read in some time that hooked me from the moment I picked it up and made it difficult to put down. Action, suspense, sexual attraction, intrigue… this book had it all.

Ms. Graves did a bang up job with her debut novel. Lily Browning is a wonderful heroine. She’s strong, yet vulnerable. Determined, yet willing to listen. Afraid and courageous (I’ve heard it said that true courage is doing the right thing despite being afraid…she certainly fits that description).

The mystery of the kidnapping, the other little girl, the way the author weaves backstory so cleverly with the current events—they all kept me glued to the page. And I really loved the interaction between Lily and McBride. This was an emotional book, largely because of Lily’s paranormal power and Ms. Graves makes the most of it. The H/H’s attraction was palpable as was their determination to ignore it. I felt their pain, their love, their fear and sadness.

If you’re looking for a romance that will keep you on the edge of your seat, then I highly recommend Forbidden Territory.



Reviewed by Poppy

4 comments:

Cathy said...

I like the storyline, plus it's a paranormal, which are my favorites these days.

Estella said...

This sounds like an excelleant read. I love paranormal books.

Paula said...

Wow, thank you so much for the wonderful review of my book! I'm glad you saw in Lily what I pictured as I was writing her. Thanks so much.

Paula

ReadingIsSoMuchFun said...

Great cover & review :-) Sounds like a great read as well.

Hugssss
LindaH