Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Most Likely to Die



Most Likely to Die by Lisa Jackson, Beverly Barton, Wendy Corsi Staub
Publisher: Kensington Zebra Books
Genre: Contemporary, Suspense/Mystery
Length: Full
Heat: Sweet
Rating: Best Book
Reviewed by Rose

A KILLER WHO GETS AWAY WITH MURDER ONCE…
It's been twenty years since the night Jake Marcott was brutally murdered at St. Elizabeth's High School. It's a night that shattered the lives of Lindsay Farrell, Kristen Daniels, and Rachel Alsace. It's a night they'll never forget. A killer will make sure of that…

FINDS IT EASIER TO KILL AGAIN…

A 20-year reunion has been scheduled for St. Elizabeth's. For some alumni, very special invitations have been sent: their smiling senior pictures slashed by an angry red line…

AND AGAIN…AND AGAIN…

Three women have been marked for death. Tonight, as the music plays, and the doors of St. Elizabeth are sealed, a killer will finish what was started long ago, and the sins of the past will be paid for in blood…

I picked up Most Likely to Die because I really like Lisa Jackson and I’d never seen this particular book. And, I was fascinated by the fact that this book was not only written by one of my favorite writers, but two others. And I’m so glad I did. Not only did I get to read a wonderfully chilling book, but I’ve found two more writers.

I found myself drawn into the stories of Lindsey, Kristen, and Rachel as well as the dark history behind them--a brutal murder of a man they all loved. And, someone has targeted each of them, as well as other members in their high school group. I found myself turning page after page to find out who exactly the guilty party was. I thought I had it figured out, but there were enough questions in my mind to keep me guessing until the killer was actually revealed.

The tension in the story was nicely balanced by the developing romances in each section. And each woman learns the hard way that people are not always what they appear to be.

I cannot recommend Most Likely to Die highly enough. And, I’ll be sure to pick up other books by Beverly Barton and Wendy Corsi Staub.

No comments: