Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, February 13, 2009

From a Distance by Jo Barrett



From a Distance by Jo Barrett
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Genre: Contemporary
Length: Short (34 pages)
Heat: Sensual
Rating: 4 books
Reviewed by Violet

One business consultant, one cowboy, and two thousand miles between them. Can their love survive the distance?

Billie Jo was instantly attracted to her best friend's drop dead handsome brother Kyle. They both decided to try out a long distance relationship as painful as it was being apart from one another. When a tragedy occurs, they find out just how much they love each other.

"From a Distance" was an excellent read. There was a perfect blend of humor and mystery. I felt that I really knew Kyle and Billie Jo as I watched their relationship grow. Billie Jo's character was strong and she had made her way in the world without anyone's help. Kyle was a devoted man who always got what he wanted. Together they brought out the best in each other. I felt like the characters were believable and captivating.

Jo Barrett did an excellent job involving the reader while telling the story of two people who learned to love each other from a distance. I wish this story had been longer; I really wanted to see what happened after the end. I highly recommend "From a Distance" to all who love a sensual, romantic read with an interesting plot. I would love to read more of Ms. Barrett's work.

No comments: