Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Awakening Allaire by Margie Church



Awakening Allaire by Margie Church
Publisher: Class Act Book
Genre: Contemporary, Suspense/Mystery
Length: Full
Heat: Hot

Rating: Best Book
Reviewed by Violet

Allaire West threw away her marriage to Jeff West when she bedded the handsome and powerful Devon Mercer. Pregnant with Devon’s twins, she tries to pass them off as her husband’s, only to have the ugly truth end with a gunshot.

As Allie puts her life back together, she finally admits the man she loves and wants to spend the rest of her life with is Devon Mercer. Allie secretly attends Devon’s Halloween masquerade party and they share a sizzling reunion.

Her life is turned upside down again when she is kidnapped after the party and held for ransom by two drug-crazed, ex-convicts. Allaire endures starvation, isolation, and drug addiction. With time against him, Devon makes a deal with the devil to find his beloved.

Enter the world of the high powered, elite Mercer family where intense security and physical threats are just a byproduct of their everyday lives. Allaire West was previously married to Jeff West when their marriage came to an abrupt ending because of an affair Allaire has with the infamous Devon Mercer resulting in the birth of twins fathered by Devon. On her own with two children, Devon offers to provide all that Allaire might need in her and the children's lives. Allaire accepts with the condition that the relationship remain strictly platonic. When Allaire can no longer watch Devon with a string of girlfriends, she plans to attend a Halloween bash thrown by Devon to declare her love for Devon. The plan is successful however her life gets thrown into a whirlwind of torture by starvation, isolation and drug abuse. Can Allaire hold on to her only driving desire to be with Devon and her children to make it out alive?

Wow - where to begin in this incredibly dynamic read? Devon Mercer and Allaire West were two characters that I fell in love with immediately. The love they had for each other made me wish their lives would remain in perfect bliss ... *record scratch inserted here*. This is not your average romantic suspense. Awakening Allaire is filled with heartache, passion, devastation and hope. The situations that arose in this book demanded they hold on to strength of their love. Would it survive? I felt Devon's helplessness as he tried to get his one and only love back. I felt Allaire's desperation as she tried to hang on throughout her kidnapping. Just breaths away from death, Allaire doesn't know if she can make it. These were strong and powerful characters that I felt an immediate attachment to. The plot line was solid and very well planned out. The secondary characters, brilliant! The suspense was incredible and I never knew what was going to happen next. The romance was hot but the action was so much hotter!

Ms. Church knows exactly how to write a highly addicting read laced with humor, suspense and one very explosive climax. I highly recommend Awakening Allaire which is a very compelling, keep you on the edge of your seat thriller. This is by far one of the best books I have read and it's one you don't want to miss. A must keep on your bookshelf. This is certainly a book that I will reread several times over.





4 comments:

Margie Church said...

Violet, Thank you so much. I'm thrilled you enjoyed Awakening Allaire so much and I hope my other readers will too. A Best Book nomination certainly is something to cherish as well.

Carol North said...

Hi Margie:
Congratulations on the Best Book rating. It seems you have created a winner.

Val said...

my daughter, Valmay Pearson let me read this book and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. The only problem I had with it is that I could not put it down and I was still reading it at 3.00am. It is a very well thought out book and easy to follow, it kept me insuspense most of the time. Well done. Do you have another one like this coming out soon? I would love to buy it.
Thanks for the entertainment, I really enjoyed it.
Val Mc Kinster

Margie Church said...

LOL - Val's mom! She has told me several times how much you enjoyed Awakening Allaire. I hope she will lend you Avenging Allaire, too. I'd love to know what you think. Thanks so much.