Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Stripped by Marcia Colette



Stripped by Marcia Colette
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Length: Full (242 pages)
Heat: Spicy
Rating: 4 Books
Reviewed by Wild Plum

Someone wants their perfect weapon back, only she’s not coming quietly.

Alexa Wells wants her life back. She’s just not sure what that life was. The memories inside her head—a stripper’s—aren’t hers, and before she humiliates herself onstage one more time, she sets out to collect the scattered pieces of her mind. The trail leads to Boston, charges of identity theft and murder, and the real bombshell: a forgotten werewolf lover who insists she’s a werewolf hybrid.

Matt York doesn’t care that she looks at him like he’s been smoking crack between court cases. Now that he has her back he’s not about to let her go it alone, even if she can easily kick ass and take names all by herself. Amnesia only scratches the surface of her problems, and like it or not, she’s stuck with him.

She’s also stuck with Robert Gamboldt, a venture capitalist who’s not above murdering his way to the top. He’s not about to lose his prize possession without playing dirty. It’s a simple enough offer. Be his personal assassin, or go to jail.

With options like that, it’s enough to make a hybrid go full-blood.

I’ll be honest in saying that I've never been a big fan of fantasy romances, but after reading "Stripped", I think I’ve never given them a fair try. When I read the blurb to this book, I just knew I had to read it. Then I saw it was an urban fantasy. After a few minutes of searching the book on the web and reading an excerpt I decided to give it a try. And boy, I’m happy I did. It was a great read.

Ms. Colette grabs her readers from the beginning and keeps a tight hold to you until the end of the book, where she leaves you begging for more. She has created a world unlike any other. The pace is fast and the action is unforgiving. Her character descriptions were just enough to leave the reader wondering and searching their own imagination. The scenes were off the chart, as in out of this world. As a reader you will never expect the suspense, the drama, and the thrills. Throw some side stories thrown into the mix, and some steamy sex, and you have a read unlike any you’ve ever experienced before. Marcia Colette is known for “embracing the creepier side of writing.” I would have to agree, but in a good way. She creates characters, and you love them or you hate them. Me, I loved to hate them and I hated to love them. The turmoil and emotion was full-force at every angle. There was a battle going on and one man was winning it all, including Alexa’s heart.

This book is the prequel to Half Breed. I think I might be picking that book up as well. Again, I’ll be honest and say that I’m not sure if urban fantasy is a romance genre for me, but if I have the opportunity to pick up a Marcia Colette book in the future I won’t think twice about it again.

No comments: