Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Calendar of Love by Susan Lyons



Calendar of Love by Susan Lyons
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Genre: Contemporary, Holiday
Length: Full (170 pages)
Heat: Sweet
Rating: 4.5 Books
Reviewed by Fennel

Every month of the year has a holiday or special occasion, and these are times when emotions run high. Even higher when romance is involved!

Award-winning author Susan Lyons brings you a tender romance for each month of the year, guaranteed to warm your heart and renew your faith in love.

Calendar of Love is a collection of twelve stories, of varying lengths, one for each month of the year.

JANUARY Dawn of a New Year / FEBRUARY Lady in Red / MARCH Cruise into Spring / APRIL Easter Treasure / MAY A Man Mom Would Love / JUNE Enchanted Reunion / JULY Fireworks on the Fourth / AUGUST Summer Love / SEPTEMBER Junior Matchmaker / OCTOBER One Halloween Evening / NOVEMBER Thanks, But No Thanks / DECEMBER A Christmas Wish.

In Calendar of Love, Susan Lyons introduces us to a wonderful mix of characters, their dreams and their fears and their realities. Some of the stories are short, six pages long in one case, and yet she still packs so much detail into those pages, you almost forget it is so short.

In every story Ms Lyons introduces several secondary characters who all have important roles to play. The impact of some characters from the past influences the present of the main characters and is the thread that runs through the story.

In other stories it is a child’s dream that is the influencing factor. Duties and responsibilities become the conflict in other stories but what ever the driving impetus; each story is a joy to read. The characters are real, warm, caring and loving people who find chance events will turn their lives around if they are willing to believe in the future.

Some people say a certain time of year ‘is their favourite’ but Susan Lyons makes every time of year special in this wonderful and charming collections of stories.

Do I enjoy, tender, sweet romances? I do! Do I have a favourite story within the twelve? Yes, I do! Will I share that with you? No! For although I’m sure you will enjoy every one of them, your choice of favourite may differ from mine. But this much I will share with you. When you put this book down, it will be with a sigh of gratitude for meeting such wonderful characters, and a tinge of disappointment their stories ended so soon.

2 comments:

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

I need this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Susan Lyons said...

Fennel, thanks so much for the lovely review. You're exactly the kind of reader I had in mind when I wrote these stories. I love "tug at the heartstrings" stories myself and I admit I both smiled and sniffled a lot when I wrote these.