Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Love Waltzes In by Kim Smith



Love Waltzes In by Kim Smith
Publisher: Red Rose Publishing
Genre: Contemporary
Length: Short (60 pages)
Heat: Sweet
Rating: 3.5 Books
Reviewed by Lavender

When Magella Crane decides to break out of her shell after her husband's death, she has no idea that love will be waltzing in.

Love Waltzes In by Kim Smith is a delightful, feel-good type of story. I really liked the heroine, Magella, otherwise known as Maggie. She's a nice, middle-aged widow, and I wanted to see things work out in her favor, for her to find love again after the age of forty. I wished, however, that the author had drawn more of a picture of her. I had a hard time visualizing her.

I also liked the hero, Tyler, a younger man. He's attractive and charming and shows integrity throughout the story. These two meet when Maggie decides to step outside and move on. She meets Tyler when she goes to his dance studio for lessons.

At first I didn't expect that these two would hook up. I was pleasantly surprised when Tyler showed interest in the older woman. It made me like and respect him more. Their attraction was well written, and I rooted for their relationship.

A couple of misunderstandings come up, disrupting their developing relationship. Tyler shows his good character during the ensuing troubles, though, they are rather mild and could have been more intense.

Even though I liked the story and the characters, I didn't give it a higher rating because the tension wasn't very strong. It just didn't draw strong emotions from me. This is the type of story to read with a nice cup of tea on a day you just want to relax. It made me smile, and was very sweet. I really liked the last line, “You have to save all the waltzes for me.” It’s a fitting end to a charming little story, and I will remember these characters for some time.

No comments: